Welcome to My New Beauty Blog!!



Welcome to the first entry of my beauty blog! I'm so excited to finally have my blog up. Before I start telling you about my amazing adventures, I feel obligated to write about how I ended up in this crazy beauty business and began my career as a makeup artist...




Ever since I could remember I've always loved color and creating things. I love anything creative drawing,painting, decorating you name it. When I was in high school I was that girl who did everyone's hair and makeup. So when I was high school I took up cosmetology.I just knew I wanted to be a hair stylist. But as much as I loved hair I quickly figured out that I did not want to work in a salon.




So after high school I did something totally different. I went to work for a marketing company where I quickly moved up becoming a national trainer. I traveled all over the US and even overseas training sales offices. I was even incorporated into my own office and won several awards for having one of highest grossing offices within the company.




While the success with this company was great. I still felt like there was something missing. So after much thought I decided I wanted to be a fashion stylist. But I had alot trouble figuring out how to go about getting started in this career path. After an exhausted search I found makeup artist who needed an assistant. I thought this would be my big chance. I would work with him and I would meet a fashion stylist. Finally I found my in. To my surprise while working with him I fell in love with makeup. I loved being a makeup artist more than anything that I had ever done in my life.




I was very lucky because the makeup artist I assisted was a former teacher at a makeup a school so he trained me one on one. As my thirst for knowledge grew I began to travel to take classes in Chicago,New York and LA. I also began to assist and work with an amazing makeup artist ,Candace Corey,who is now my mentor.




I wake up each day excited that I get to do something that I love. Especially working as a freealance makeup artist everyday is something new and different so I never get bored. I really believe everything that I have done in my life has prepared me to do what I am doing now. Many times I am booked for jobs that include makeup and hair. I have also been asked to work as a fashion stylist on various jobs. Sometimes I'm even booked for all three. The business skills I learned from working at the marketing company help me each day with my business. So I really feel like I come full circle.




So that's my story. I look forward to sharing my news,day to day events, tips and tricks with all of you! Remember at the end of the day it's all about the beauty within you :)
To view my work visit my wesite http://www.sheritaleslie.com/



Sherita






No comments: